The Partnership for Success initiative (PFS) in Gloucester County was formed to expand and enhance the Gloucester Regional Addictive Substances Prevention (GRASP) Coalition. We focus on the following areas.
• Underage drinking: For instance, placing emphasis on parents who host underage parties within their homes.
• Prescription drug abuse: For example, raising awareness on the misuse and addressing the issue affecting our region.
• Tobacco: Such as, supporting efforts to promote legislation that limits access to and the use of, tobacco products, especially by those under the age of 18.
• Senior Adults: For instance, empowering the 60 years and older population to provide awareness and advocacy in the area of prescription drug misuse, tobacco use within the housing complexes, and to promote healthy activities within the Senior Nutritional Sites/Centers in the Gloucester region.
• Returning Veterans: By engaging New Jersey returning veterans by assessing their needs and encouraging them to join the efforts of the PFS Coalition and GRASP Coalition.
The PFS initiative began in January 2014 under a grant from the New Jersey Division of Mental Health and Addiction Services.
• Partnered with Mantua Board of Health and Steered Straight, Inc. on an initiative of the GRASP coalition to hold a town hall meeting on underage drinking and prescription drug abuse.
• Provided information about selling to minors to local tobacco and alcohol retailers and encouraged them to hang “We Check for ID” signs.
• Collaborated with Inspira Health Network and Kennedy Health System on an initiative of the GRASP coalition to create posters/billboards raising awareness on prescription drug abuse and opportunities for safe disposal in Gloucester County.
• Educated seniors at the housing authority in Gloucester County about prescription drug abuse and proper disposal of prescription medications.
For more information on the Partnership for Success in Gloucester County, please contact Tara Clay at 856.494.4950 ext. 14 or email@example.com